February 5, 2010

Ictus, my new best friend.

Such a wonderful day!(at least for me, hehe)

Where should I start?
I won't lie: I have less time at moment to work on the game. So I have a bit harder time too, to get some nice info for you guys. Still, I join the server when I have a bit freetime. And of course, when something should be checked, I jump to the developer server, for a quick look around.

As I did it yesterday, I realized something, that I never did before: Ictus, our last EW mech on the line, will be the most awesome mech in the game actually. I spent time on trying different fittings, realizing, that actually Ictus will be a pvp massacre mech. Harvester of... robot souls.

Ictus actually able to use 3 energy weapon alongside with (or) 3 rocket launcher. (its 2+2+1/1, as you wish, 2energy with 3rocket or 3energy 2 rocket) What's really makes me say "awesooome" is that while it handles the three medium energy drainer, it's also able to use shield... +3 EW module. Basicly, he will dry your accumulator, while laughing behind a shield, and demobilizing +sensor suppressing you. Auch.

I'm actually amazed about its animation complexity: I hope you can check it out soon too. The rockets on it's shoulder can actually roll back to it's back, (most of the new robots have this trick) It actually has a hand, and unlike the other Ew robots, the hand trick is solved with the currently used animation system. (Yes, on the list... as always. :) ) The hand can change into the weapon, and backwards. +The jackpot trick, that it its head moves like... I guess its *mouth* is moving. The movement animation is 10/10, and the mech also has a bit "crazymachine" feeling, because as it moves, it just feels like that the parts on his back are moving... And this is actually a really cool thing... ^^ that our mechs do hand gestures, ingame. If I'm correct we have 2-3 mechs with this feature at moment, but more will come.

And with nice hand animations... Well, everything is possible. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment